From the VHS counselor's office:
UCA will be hosting a Summer Start Bridge Program. If you are a senior who has not received a 19 in English, Reading, and Math on the ACT this program address these needs before the fall semester even begins, and include:
- Read for Success: This program allows students in need of reading remediation to complete the developmental literacy course and a UCA Core course in just three weeks. It is financial aid eligible and scheduled for July 18 - August 5.
- Math Academy: The Skills Review Program prepares students to succeed in the first-semester college-level math class. It is recommended for students with a Math ACT of 19-22 and is scheduled for August 8 - 12.
- The Placement Program reviews math skills and gives students an opportunity to test out of developmental math. It is recommended for students requiring developmental math (i.e., Math ACT of 15-18) and is scheduled for August 8 - 12.
- Write to Succeed: The Skills Review Program helps prepare students for college-level writing in all of their classes. It is recommended for students with an English ACT of 19-22 and scheduled for August 8 - 12.
- The Placement Program review writing skills and gives students an opportunity to test out of developmental writing. Students requiring developmental writing (i.e., English ACT of 16-18) are recommended to participate in the program scheduled for August 8 - 12.
- CNSM Boot Camp: The College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics offers an introduction to the sciences to prepare students for success as math, science, or health science, or health science majors. This program is scheduled for August 8 - 12.
- Bear Leadership Experience: Students joining one of UCA's Residential Colleges or Minton Commuter College for Fall 2016 can get a jump start on becoming a successful student and campus leader. Students may participate in this program August 8 - 12.
For an application or more information on Summer Start come by the counselor's office or visit uca.edu/studentsuccess/summer-start