SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE IS APRIL 1
In 2016, friends and family of KATV CH 7 news anchor Anne Pressly created an endowed scholarship fund with the Arkansas Community Foundation to memorialize Anne’s legacy by supporting the education of young women who plan to pursue a career in journalism.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is April 1.
Female graduating seniors from any AR high school who plan to pursue a career in journalism may apply. The scholarship amount is $2,000 and will be paid to the college/university to be applied to the recipient’s cost of attendance. Students apply online at www.arcf.org and select “Anne Pressly Scholarship.”
The Scholarship Guidelines for the Anne Pressly Endowed Scholarship are:
· Female graduating senior from any AR high school enrolling in a four year college/university anywhere in US, pursuing a career in journalism (not necessarily a degree in journalism but any degree that relates to this career).
· Minimum GPA of 3.5, demonstrated financial need, proof of community involvement and participation in an extracurricular activity with an ACT score of 24 or higher.
· Submit all information requested in application including a one-page essay detailing what they hope to have accomplished by age 26 and a letter of reference from someone who has worked or is working in the field of broadcast journalism.
· This scholarship award is not renewable.
· The student will be notified by May 1.
This is an endowed scholarship that is available annually and students may apply online between February 1 and April 1.
Arkansas Community Foundation manages more than 100 private scholarship funds created by individuals, families and companies that want to provide a path to higher education for generations to come. These donors determine the size and eligibility criteria for the scholarships they create, and Arkansas Community Foundation manages the scholarship process on their behalf. Information on all scholarships is available at www.arcf.org/scholarships.